We Have Training Centres in Colchester and Norwich.
Please scroll through for courses and prices.
Train to be an RTITB qualified Forklift truck instructor and examiner in 10 days
A ten day course with final examination for experienced lift truck operators who wish to provide operator training for their employer or on a commercial basis (Instructors must become RTITB Accredited in order to provide commercial training approved by RTITB). A 12 day initial lift truck instructor course is also available for those who wish to refresh their lift truck operating skills examination consists of 3 elements which are:
- Test of Basic Operating Skills (Practical test to instructor standard – maximum 25 penalties). This is usually carried out on the first day of the course by the course tutor.
- RTITB Examination of Practical Instructional Ability (Approx 40 minutes). Delegates must score a minimum of 70 from a maximum of 100 to pass this element. This examination is usually carried out on the final day of the course and is conducted by an independent RTITB Examiner.
- RTITB Examination of Instructor Associated Knowledge (Approx 20 minutes). A minimum of 80% must be achieved to pass this element. This examination is usually carried out on the final day of the course and is conducted by an independent RTITB Examiner.
All 3 elements must be successfully completed to achieve an overall pass and qualify as a Lift Truck Instructor.
Successful candidates can then register on the RTITB National Register of Instructors “The Professional Register” for a period of 5 years. £60.00 + VAT (per person) payable to the RTITB
- Delegates will need to be lift truck operators with strong written and verbal skills
- Delegates will need to provide evidence of successfully completing the Basic Operating Skills Test on a counterbalance or reach truck in the preceding 12 months
All bookings include:
- Free refreshments
- Examination Fees
Instructor – Assimilation 5 Day Course
A five day course for Lift Truck Instructors registered with another HSE recognised accrediting body (or other credible organisation such as the military,ITSSAR, CITB) who wish to register with RTITB or instructors whose RTITB registration has lapsed for more than 12 months but less than 5 years.
The examination consists of 3 elements which are:
East Coast Driver Training offer forklift truck courses which conform to the Health and Safety Commission Rider Operated Lift Trucks: Training Approved Code of Practice (revised 1999)
Our Training Centres, and Courses are approved by the RTITB (Road Transport Industry Training Board)‚ and our training meets the Health and Safety Code of Practice.
Our Instructors are all fully qualified to provide training on a range of Lift Trucks. Training can be carried out either in our Norwich or Colchester Training Centres‚ or in customer premises‚ depending on equipment requirements.
Courses are available for Novice and Experienced Operators, and also Conversion and Familiarisation training.
Candidates should be medically fit, and a minimum of 17 years of age.
The courses contain both theory and practical assessments‚ and certificates will be issued following successful completion of the training.
Forklift Truck Operator Training.
Course Options: Counterbalance and Reach Truck.
The first step for candidates with little or no previous experience. This course includes theory and practical training. The training concludes with tests in both theory and practical ability.
Course Duration: 5 Days for 3 people‚ 4 Days for 2 people.
Course Cost: £350.00 + vat = £420.00 per person
Recommended for operators with considerable experience. Includes both theory and practical training‚ and concludes with tests in both theory and practical ability.
Course Duration: 2 1/2 Days for 3 Operators
Course Cost: £250.00 + vat = £300.00 per person
This one day refresher course is only for candidates who wish to renew their current certificates, prior to licence expiry.
Course Duration: 1 Day for 3 Operators.
Course cost: £200.00 + vat = £240.00 per person.
Designed for certificated operators who wish to operate a different type of truck and⁄or attachments.
Course Duration: 1 day for 3 Operators
Course Cost: £200.00 + vat = £240.00 per person
Company On Site Training:
Training can be carried out at customer premises‚ subject to satisfactory conditions being met. Please contact us to discuss your requirements..